Saturday 7 June 2008

Tilda Challenge - No Card Week


Hi! I've just finished my first ever Tilda Challenge and have to say I really enjoyed doing this one! Firstly because this is the first time I've used a Tilda image, and secondly as the challenge was to do something other than a card - uh oh! Anyway I had a canvas lying around that I bought donkeys ago and thought this would be the ideal chance to use it. I don't do painting that often and I used acylics for this so I can safely say this really was a challenge for me. The inspiration came from my garden, which has lots of lavender in it. I added the buttons as flowers (I'm a button-oholic), the little bird is from a Penny Black stamp (In a pot) and the sun was done freehand. I'm quite pleased with the finished result. Thanks for looking, and for those who have joined in with my blog candy challenge, Good Luck for tomorrow!

2 comments:

ella bella said...

wow shelly this is gorgeous how clever are you I wouldnt no where to start with something like this its really beautiful work i love it. have a lovely day x

Amanda said...

Wow this is beautiful, my daughter would love this in her bedroom. Must have taken you ages.
Amanda
x