Monday 10 November 2008

Papertake Weekly Challenge

I had the urge to make a card (now there's a surprise), so I found this week's sketch on Papertake Weekly Challenge which is by Dawny, and here is my take on this fab sketch...


I just got the little wooden flowers (bottom left of card) today and had to use them so this kinda gave me a starting point. The image is a cutie Tilda from Magnolia, I love these stamps but they're gonna ruin me (well it's been my o/h that's buying them), so I'll have to make a zillion cards to justify all the recent purchases!

I also used:
- Tilda stamp of course
- Distress Inks (I love the colours and effects they give)
- DP Papermania Nostalgia Warm Collection
- Bazzil Card (Rust)
- Sentiment was improvised with a stamp and sticker
- Buttons from stash

Thanks for visiting ;o)

17 comments:

The Crafty Blonde said...

Fab card, really like this image and I love how you have given it the distressed feel.
Lyndsey xx

Diane.W. said...

Gorgeous card,colouring & colours :o)x

Annie said...

oh wow those buttons are just gorgeous and you have used one of my favourite Tildas. love the card.

Ann xxx

Sue said...

really lovely card and fab colours:)

sue
xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Wow what a lovely card, so pretty, loving the distressed look to it. Hazel xox

Joey said...

Hi Shelly, this is stunning I love the colours and what you have done.x

Mrs Mayne said...

This is lovely! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

katy said...

Hello *waves* thanks for all your lovely comments Shelly, this card is sooooo pretty and you've definately got the hang of using the Distress Inks, i agree it gives a lovely tone, hope you're having better weather than us, i got soaked earler and i'm now sat in my jogging bottoms, fleece and boot socks to warm me up, very glam !! Byeeeee xx

simplyfairies said...

what a beautiful card, and one of my fave magnolias too...

Lyn said...

beautiful card, love the colours you have used and love that image

Beth said...

The little wooden flowers are so sweet! Great card and colours xx

Sharon said...

This is really pretty. I love the wooden flowers.

Karita said...

I love this card! It is absolutely stunning. Colours and colouring is so gorgeous.

Greetings from Finland
-Susanna-

debby4000 said...

Lovely pretty card, fab Tilda.

Dawn Wheeler said...

Gorgeous card ,fabulous ,Dawnxx

Jilli said...

Fab card, love the colours, image and the wooden flowers. Jillix

LOUISE said...

Great card Shelly, love your wooden buttons. Louise x