Tuesday 31 March 2009

Thank You Very Much!

Firstly I'd like to thank everyone who has left such lovely comments on my blog regarding my recent loss. It's heart warming to know I have some lovely blogging friends out there in cyber space! I've decided to make a memory book (idea from my friend Shannon, thanks hun) with all the beautiful photos I have of Pepsi. It's a bit too soon just yet, I'll wait a few weeks before I start collecting my photos together.

Secondly, I have just made the worst chocolate cake ever! I'm usually ok with baking, I don't do much but when I do things tend to turn out ok. But for some reason unknown to man (or woman) my choccy cake looks like a frisbee! I wanted to surprise my hubby when he came in tonight, shock will be more his reaction when he sees the "cake"! Never mind, it's the thought that counts. And yes, I did use self raising flour!

Thirdly, I promise I'm nearly at the end now lol! I've made a card for my MIL whose "Fête" it is tomorrow (Saint Huguette). I've combined two challenges, this week's Cute Card Thursday Challenge which is to make a card for someone in your family, and I've used the fab sketch from Friday Sketchers...


I used:

-Tilda in Cherry Dress image coloured with Distress Inks
-Sentiment stamp by Artemio
-Papers are Papermania Creative Tones
-Bazzil card run through Nesties Circles & Swiss Dots folder on Cuttlebug
-Flower is Papermania
-Ribbon etc from stash

The photo isn't great as my camera is on the blink so have used a different one, also the sun was shining through the window (it's lovely to see the sun). I think my MIL will appreciate it though.


Lastly I'd like to thank Tracy for passing on this fab award to me, thanks so much for thinking of me hun! If you don't know Tracy's blog (where have you been hiding), pop over and say hi to her, she will be so pleased you popped by! Plus congratulations Tracy on your blog's first birthday! Now I have to pass this on so I'd like to pass it onto all the lovely blogging friends who've left kind comments recently, I really do appreciate your support! Thank you all so very much!

Well, better go and see if I can rescue something out of my flying saucer... ooops... I mean cake lol!!!

7 comments:

katy said...

Ah Shelly, how are you ? So sorry to hear about Pepsi :( it must have been incredibley hard for you, they become such a big part of our lives....BIG HUG for you love.

Back to your post today :) I always blame my baking mishaps on the oven, lol..smother it in chocolate and cream, he'll not notice :)

Lovely work as always, you take care, love Katyxx

Diane.W. said...

Gorgeous card Shelly,luvly colours.
Your MIL has same B'day as my Daughter,Holly,who will be 22 tomorrow!!! :o)x

Deb said...

Such a beautiful card, the colours are gorgeous, so sorry to hear of your loss, a memory album is a great idea! I am sure the cake will taste delicious anyway!
Many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, have a great day, Debx

The Crafty Den said...

Beautiful card Shelly, love the colours you've used. Great idea to make a memory book, you'll treasure it forever. Sorry to hear about your cake, at least you tried, I don't even try cos I know it will end up like a frisbee lol! I'm sure it'll get eaten (well it would here haha). Hugs, Denise x

Karen said...

What a lovely card, I love it. Sorry about your loss too.
xx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, beautiful colours.
Excellent idea to make a memory book.
Luv
Debby

Steph said...

Such pretty colours you've used, I love it. Thanks for your kind comment on my blog, I'm sorry about your loss, I hope you are ok x