Tuesday 5 May 2009

Charming Butterflies and Bank Holidays!

Hello everyone! Well firstly hope you all had a lovely Bank Holiday weekend, especially for those of you who were lucky enough to be off work. Now there's something that gets me on my soap box, why do we call them Bank Holidays? I don't mean literally the meaning of this, but the fact that although the original reason for these days was to have a day's holiday, we seem somehow to have lost this along the way. How many of you end up having to work on a so called "Bank Holiday"? In May there are 3 (French) Bank Holidays, and although I would love to spend them with my o/h, I find myself working 2 out of 3 of these days! The only B/H I didn't work was the 1st of May, but only because it happened to be during my week's holiday. Our employers seem to be getting more demanding, and more of us feel we have little or no choice to say NO! STOP! If you choose to work the B/H then that's different, it was YOUR CHOICE, not an obligation! Work can be hard to come by nowadays, and so those of us who have jobs are like puppets, where the employer pulls the strings and we dance...ok not all employers are like this but I feel the more tolerant ones are in the minority. Sorry to go on about this but I think it's a shame we no longer have a right to a day off! There, that's said, I'll get down off my soap box now!!!

On the subject of lack of time off, I thought I'd do a card for the Stamp Something Challenge this week, which is "Something for a mom", as a mother never seems to get time off!


And a close up of the charm...


I used:
-Image and Sentiment stamp (both Penny Black)
-Brush Markers to colour
-Paper is Daisy & Dandelion "Pumpkin Patch"
-Charm etc from stash

I've not done many cards with charms, but love the effect so I've ordered a few goodies for myself, so hopefully will be back later in the week with another "charming" lol card!

Take care and thanks for popping by!

5 comments:

The Crafty Den said...

Love your card Shelly. The colours are so charming and the image is adorable. The charm looks great. Hugs, Denise x

pescbrico said...

What a beautiful card! Love the butterflies! Have a wonderful day Shelly :)

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous wonderful image and fabulous papers and colours.
luv
Debby

brenda said...

Love the soft colours you have chosen and also the image - orderd it just this afternoon.

Brenda x

ella bella said...

Shelly this is gorgeous i love the colours you have used and the cute image and the little buttefly really sets it of.
hope you manage to get the time of you deserve soon :)
hugs
Tracy x