Saturday 16 May 2009

Football (don't groan please) and Clean and Simple!

Newcastle 0 - 1 Fulham!!! OH NO! I won't bore you with all the details but basically Newcastle haven't done themselves any favours at all! I can feel the breath of relegation on the back of our necks, it's not good! I'm glad I've distanced myself from all this living in France now, but I still like to see my team win, or at least not get relegated! Oh yeah, congrats to Man U AGAIN, it's getting boring...

So onto cards, obviously more interesting, I've made a couple of "Clean and Simple" cards as this week over at Stamp Something the theme is just that with a Thank You twist...



I've used my new Stampin' Up papers "Tea Party" that I got yesterday (my first SU paper!!!) and my SU scalloped edge punch. The sentiments on both cards are also SU, kindly loaned to me by my SU demonstrator Sylvie (thanks Sylvie). The cards aren't my usual style but I like them all the same. Not too much detail means they were pretty quick to make, unlike my usual cards!

I also made a card for A Spoonfull of Sugar challenge which is "Buttons Galore"...


Peter Rabbit stamp is coloured using Distress Inks, papers are Basic Grey and buttons etc are from my stash.

Well I shall go and have myself an "apero" (they love this in France...basically a drink...usually alcoholic...before having a meal) to help erase Newcastle's dissmal performance today.

4 comments:

Tara said...

Love the cards Shelly! The clean and simple ones are stunning and I think the colours are perfect on the Spoon Full of Sugar card.
PS. I support Stoke and it's been a good day in The Potteries today..... not that I'm gloating or anything, lol! xx

Rach said...

this is fantastic shelly xx

strawberry fields said...

I adore this one! I'm obsessed with Beatrix Potter and have been cross stitching all the characters for our nursery. Was planning on buy this stamp but I remember you asking if we could do some image swaps....are you still up for that? Email me if you're interested
Love Fiona x

Lauren said...

Very pretty! Great job.