Sunday 15 November 2009

Ho Ho Ho!!!

Well, as the days are getting shorter and the weather colder it must mean we're getting closer to Christmas! So today I've spent some time using a few of my new stamps, one of which is this adorable Santa Claus from Magnolia...


I have to say, I had planned on doing this card for the distressing challenge on Just Magnolia but I just never got the time, so instead I've finally finished the card, distressing an' all but for three other challenges...Cupcake Craft Challenges where the theme this week is "Snow Much Fun", A Spoonfull of Sugar "Create a Scene" and Cute Card Thursday which is "Glitter Me Silly". I have to say it was pretty time consuming, what with the colouring, cutting out, distressing etc etc... so I won't be doing 10 like this one! Here's what I used:

* Santa stamp (Magnolia)
* Promarkers to colour
* Cuttlebug Embossing Folder (Snowflakes)
* Paper (3ndy Papier, Norway)
* Snowflake punch (Woodware)
* Sentiment from 99p set
* buttons and lots of glitter (although difficult to see on photo)
* Distressing Tool and Emery Board

Ok, better get back to the craft desk, I have a pile of DT cards and requests to do!

4 comments:

Neenie said...

Gorgeous Xmas card, Shelly! Love this gorgeous Santa image (he's got a real twinkle in his eye) and the fab layout.x :)

Donna said...

Fantastic card Shelly, such a sweet little Santa and such a beautiful scene you have created, just perfect for our snowy theme challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Shelly, what a stunning card. The image is adorable and coloured perfectly. The embossed background is gorgeous and the details are fab. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x
ps hope you are ok? Thanks for your lovely comments :)

Murielle said...

Waou!!!! Elle vraiment trop mignonne votre carte!
Très belle couleurs et l'image est adorable.
Bises, Mumur