Wednesday 23 December 2009

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year 2010 & a Gift Card Wallet

This will be my last post before Christmas, and as I'm off to visit family back in the UK it may be my last post for 2009, so I'd like to wish you all a very...


Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year 2010!


I've had a busy year craftwise, having just finished a 6 month term on the Stamp Something Design Team, in September I became a member of The Creative Cottage Design Team, and this month I have a been Guest Designer for Cupcake Craft Challenge! Phew! I've had the opportunity to work alongside some very talented girls, and have been priveledged to have been part of these fabulous craft blogs! Hopefully 2010 will be just as good for crafting, if not better?!

Today, I have one project to share with you, and it's not a card! As I'm a bit of a last minute girl, I've been putting together some gift card/money wallets...


Here's a close up of the little Manga Fairy from Sugar Nellie, isn't she sweet!...


Ok, now for the easy instructions (it really is easy and quick)...

  • Take a piece of A5 card, or thick scrapbooking paper cut to size (if you have doubled sided paper this will look great)

  • Score in 2" from one of the short edges and then score in 2 1/2" from the other short edge

  • Fold both the scored edges inwards to make the wallet

  • Stick down the edges of the smallest flap (this makes the pocket to fit money/gift)

  • Decorate as required

  • To close use either velcro or sticky dots

  • VOILA!

  • Ok, I'm entering this project into the Passion for Promarkers challenge as all the images have been coloured with my trusty Promarkers. The theme of the challenge is "Anything but a card".

    Well that's all for me! I just want to finish by saying a BIG THANK YOU to everyone who has visited my blog during the year, I love hearing your comments and keeping in touch with you all! Thanks ever so much for your support, have a fab Christmas and see you all in 2010!!!



    6 comments:

    susan said...

    This is wonderful! Thank you so much for the instructions! Merry Christmas and have a Happy and Safe New Year!

    lil-paper-pixie said...

    Hi Shelly,

    Fab money holders, you have been busy colouring in beautifully, I need to make one of these for my son as Santa is bringing part money so thanks for the instructions...off to make it now. Have a great christmas & thanks for joining in the challenge & good luck.

    Hugs

    Sarah

    The Crafty Den said...

    Hi Shelly, what cute gift card wallets. The images are adorable and your colouring is fab. Have a wonderful Christmas with your family in the UK and best wishes for an even better 2010. Hugs, Denise x

    Rleen said...

    Aloha Shelly,
    Your card is gorgeous and so sweet. I love the cute image and your coloring is fabulous. I love the money holders too. You did an awesome job.

    Merry Christmas!

    Wiccababe said...

    fabulous gift wallets Shelly
    thanks for joining us on the PfP Xmas Extravaganza and good luck
    Debbi
    xx

    Sandra said...

    Love your gift wallets.
    Have a great New Year!
    Sandra x