Here's the cards I made with the kit...
Saturday, February 27, 2010
Friday, February 26, 2010
- Stamp "Lucy with Kitten" Sarah Kay for Stampavie
- Colouring Promarkers/Distress Inks (Old Paper & Frayed Burlap)
- Papers 6x6 Isabella Pad, K & Co
- Sentiment Stamp, Woodware Tiny Phrases
- Flowers Prima
- Charm, Bunny Zoe's Crafts
- Brads, lace from stash
So it's almost the weekend again, don't the weeks just seem to fly by! Thanks so much for popping by today, I appreciate all the lovely comments I receive from you!
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
We are very excited to announce that The Creative Cottage is starting it's very own Challenge Blog on Wednesday 10th March at 7am and we are giving away some blog candy to celebrate!!
We are calling it the 4 for 4 candy as 4 lucky people will win all 4 of the following kits!!
Our challenge blog will be open to everyone as there is no need to use Creative Cottage products to take part, so what are you waiting for??
Hop on over to the new Challenge Blog to enter the candy and we look forward to you joining us on Wednesday 10th March!!
Monday, February 22, 2010
- Stamp "Mouse & Rabbit with Sunflower" Tina Wenke for Stampavie
- Sentiment Stamp - Paper Make Up Stamps
- Colouring - Promarkers
- Paper - My Mind's Eye 6x6 Pad - Bloom & Grow
- Scalloped Border - Martha Stewart Punch
- Rectangular Nesties for Frame
- Lace, flower, charm, buttons & pearls from stash
I'm entering this card into several challenges, Passion For Promarkers "Buttons & Bows" challenge, ABC Challenge "O is for One Paper" and Cute Card Thursday "Metal Mania" challenge. I think it covers all of those nicely :)
This week our sponsor over at Cupcake is The Creative Cottage, who are offering a lovely prize to one lucky random winner. There's a set of Hattie Digi Stamps AND a Party Nights Paper Pack up for grabs! These are both gorgeous (I'm on The Creative Cottage Design Team and have both of these) but don't just take my word for it, pop over to check out all the lovely kits that are available over at The Creative Cottage!
Sunday, February 21, 2010
- Stamp "Genevieve" Moonlight Whispers Collection, Kraftin Kimmie Stamps
- Sentiment Stamp from same range by Kraftin Kimmie
- Colouring Promarkers
- Paper "Sugared" Basic Grey
- Ribbon Bazzil Basics
- Heart Brad from stash
Well, I'm off to watch a bit of Dancing on Ice, be back tomorrow with my DT card for the new Cupcake Craft Challenge! Have a lovely, cosy evening!
Monday, February 15, 2010
This week our sponsor is the fab Soft Pencil, who are offering a $20 gift certificate to use in their online store to one lucky winner!
Friday, February 12, 2010
Well I shall have to have a little try of my new goodies! Have a lovely Friday evening, back soon!
Thursday, February 11, 2010
However... I have done one card... it's for the Wags 'n Whiskers challenge which is "Charming"... the W & W team would like to see some metal on your project. Here's my interpretation...
I've used "Bear Hug" stamp from Wags 'n Whiskers, coloured with Promarkers. I have to say I think she's sweet as a red head! The papers are Basic Grey "Cupcake", the sentiment is part of a Penny Black stamp (You are in my heart & thoughts), ribbon is Papermania and the border is done with my MS punch. The metal elements are the heart charm (from Bunny Zoe's Crafts) and the little paw brads I found in my stash.
I've also used the recipe from Totally Papercrafts Challenge " 3 embellishments (ribbon, charm, brads) , 2 papers and 1 image.
Finally there's a fantastic challenge over at Brenda's blog to make a card with the theme of "Moving"... this can also be interpreted by a moving object on your creation so I've chosen to add this sweet heart charm. The challenge is to celebrate the recent move of Sir Stampalot to larger premises, and they're offering some super prizes!
It's totally freezing here... hope you're all wrapped up warm! Have a cosy evening!
Monday, February 8, 2010
Finally, I've gotten round to putting this award on my blog! I have my lovely blogging friend Sandra to thank for this award, thanks so much for thinking of me hun! Ok, here's what I have to do...
* Thank the person who gave it to you.
* Place logo on your blog.
* Link to the person who nominated you.
* Tell seven things about yourself.
* Choose seven bloggers to recieve this award.
* Send them a message
Seven things about myself... here goes...
- I studied Photography at Uni
- I support Newcastle United
- I'm married to a Frenchman
- I'm a vegetarian
- I don't smoke
- I'm a competent horse rider
- I love indian and chinese food
Ok, so there's a few facts about me. I'm supposed to send this award to seven other people, but I know most of my blogging friends have already received this so I'll forfeit that part. But feel free to take the award if you wish! Have a lovely evening!
I don't often do red & white cards, but I kinda like this one! I've used some of my stash that I haven't used yet (MS Punch Around The Page set I got for Christmas), and this little Gorjuss Girl I received from my friend Tracy back in September... scandalous that she hadn't been inked up until now! It's a plainish card... no patterned paper in sight! Here's what I used...
- Stamp - Just a girl (Gorjuss - Sugar Nellie)
- Colouring - Promarkers
- Scallops - Martha Stewart Punch Around The Page Set
- Embossing - Cuttlebug Hearts
- Sentiment - Cuddly Buddly
- Scallop Circle Punch - Stampin' Up
- Glossy Accents on boots, hearts, hair clip
- Ribbon/button from stash
The challenge is sponsored by Sassy Studio Designs this week, who are offering 4 digi images to the lucky winner! But you've got to be in it to win it! Check out the other DT cards, they've done a fab job this week again!
Saturday, February 6, 2010
I got this little Kraftin Kimmie stamp over a month ago, but just managed to do a card with her! She's called Charlotte, don't you think she's just such a yummy mummy? I've kept the card really simple as I wanted to make the most of the image (coloured with Promarkers). I thought she'd fit the challenge at Cute Card Thursday which is "Spots & Dots" and also Sussie's Sassy Designs which is "Red, White & Blue".
Have a lovely afternoon and evening! Mine will be spent with hubby!
Friday, February 5, 2010
- Firstly I have to mention my hubby... he's very tolerant of my crafting obsession and even encourages it. Living far away from my family and friends he'll go to great lengths to cheer me up when I'm feeling down, and I have to admit he's the main "buyer" of my crafty stash (he knows it makes me happy).
- Thankful to have a nice warm roof over my head (especially at this time of year - I can't imagine what it must be like to be homeless).
- Thankful that I have a loving family and friends who care.
- My little cat makes me so happy (he purrs - a LOT), he's so loving and is a real character... my mam says he's part human!
- I love crafting, I'm so lucky to have a craftroom where I can shut myself away and think nothing but creative thoughts (at least for an hour or two). Not forgetting the lovely crafters I've met through Blogland!
- Seeing the first spring flowers makes me happy.
- When Newcastle United win (we're winning 4 - 0 tonight)!
- The fact that I can speak fluent French... it helps living in France!
- When I travel the very LONG journey "home" (I'll always call it that) and see the Angel of the North... I know I'm almost there!
- "Comfort" fabric softener... I know I'm wierd... but it makes me think of "home".
I'd like to pass this award onto lots of people... although I'm sure some people have already had this... so I shall pass it onto four lovely, talented ladies who regularly visit my blog...
Just copy and paste the award. In your post, mention who gave it to you with a link to my blog, list 10 things that you are thankful for and make you happy and give the award to the friends of your choice !
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
I've used my new stamp called "Bear Hug", isn't it just gorgeous! I think this little image can be used for so many occassions... so I'm sure I'll be making lots more cards with this little beauty! I've used my trusty Promarkers again to colour, paper is from my stash and added a few little extras for detail. I have to say it took me AGES to get the ribbon and button done... there must be an easier way! I've not added a sentiment as I haven't decided what occassion this is for yet!
Thanks so much for popping by today, don't forget to check out my scoop below for The Creative Cottage!
This lovely digi kit called "Bags of Style" is available to buy from The Creative Cottage... there's also a lovely paper pack and a FREEBIE, which is just perfect for Mother's Day in March! I've used parts of the kit to create some cards, here I've used the paper and flowers from the kit (image is Penny Black)...
Here I've used the paper from the Party Nights Paper Pack and flowers are from the Bags of Style kit. You need to check out the other DT blogs as they've done a much better job at showing off this kit than I have! They're cards can be seen on The Creative Cottage blog!
Monday, February 1, 2010
I've had this Magnolia image for a little while now, and have never used it, so I thought it'd be a shame to keep it hidden away. Here's the detail of what I used to create my card...
Stamp - Tilda with Cat (Magnolia)
Ink to stamp image - Memento Tuxedo Black
Colouring - Promarkers and Distress Ink (Old Paper)
Sentiment stamp - Penny Black
Papers - Regency A4 Pack (Papermania Signature)
Heart - Sizzix Sizzlets Die
Pearls - Bunny Zoe's Crafts
Lace, Flower from stash
I'm entering this card into the Penny Black Saturday Challenge as the theme is "Someone Special"... I just love this Penny Black sentiment stamp! I'm also entering my card into the Totally Papercrafts Challenge - the theme for their first challenge is "Friends"... perfect! Finally, the theme at Just Magnolia is "Hearts & Flowers" so will have a go at that one too!
I hope you can join in with this week's challenge, so if you can make something with a little furry friend on it then why not have a go, there's a $20 gift voucher plus free shipping from Simon Says Stamp up for grabs for one lucky winner! Plus don't forget our a place in Top 5! I can't wait to see what furry little lovelies you'll come up with!