Wednesday 30 March 2011

The Creative Cottage Challenge 36 - White/Blank Space

Ok hands up, who's nicked all the white from my card?! I'm sure there was more white on it when I made it so someone must have pinched it! Nope... no one... ok ok I admit this week's challenge at The Creative Cottage Challenge really tested me (and I kinda failed) cos Mandi asked us to do a card with lots of WHITE/BLANK SPACE... well I just don't DO blank spaces! I did try to, so this is the little chap I came up with for my DT card, and isn't he a happy chappie! I have to tell you that this is the LAST challenge on The Creative Cottage Challenge Blog, but don't despair... The Creative Cottage Blog (not the same as the challenge blog) will be taking over the challenges from now on (well after this last fornightly challenge that is)! Hopefully you'll be able to contiue to follow us on The Creative Cottage Blog!

I've used the super cute Little Monkeys Wild West Full kit for my topper and corners, and the Simply Gingham Paper Pack (FREE at the moment but be quick) from The Creative Cottage. The little sentiment is from a Papermania Clear Stamp set. Finally I've added a few stars for my little sheriff to shine!

14 comments:

Sue said...

Hi hun
aww fabulous card, great design, luv this cutie, sue,x

Catherine said...

This is such a sweet card Shelly ! I love this little monkey, he's got such a cute face ! Fantastic card as always Sweetie ! Lots of hugs and love from La Chic !

Tracy said...

well i think you have done a fabulous job with this challenge Shelly, i love the design of your card. Tracy x

Anne said...

Hi Shelly
Great card, like the layout you've used on this, it looks great
Anne x

Berry said...

This is fab Shelly! I know I found this really hard and I don't think there is much balnk space on mine either! Oh well! Hugs Rebekah xx

Mandi said...

Well I got me binoculars out and ~I saw it LOL
FABBY card anyway hunni
Keep in touch
mandi xx

Suzie McFloozy said...

Shelly this looks fab - I especially like his blingy sherif's badge x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Vicky said...

Such a cute card hun!...fabby image, great dp's and lovely layout too...I love it!..

hugs Vicky xx

Lau W said...

Tu as réussi ce challenge ! Laisser une partie blanche n'est pas facile ! Bravo !
Bizzz

Iulia said...

Hi, Shell!
I've been browsing a bit through your blog. You make such beautiful cards using all sorts of techniques. Your coloring is amazing!
I'm glad to have come by.
I also have a blog candy running these days if you happen to pop in:)
Hugs, Iulia- [new follower]

lindyloo said...

Hi Shelly super card hun with lovely design hugs linda x

Unknown said...

Hi Shelly!! I think you have done a FAB job with that challenge!! I would have TOTALY failed..*lol* Just adore that happy monkey and the papers are great! Have a fun & sunny day! hugs/sari

Saskia said...

Great card Shelly!!!

Cheryl said...

Very cute!I love this little monkey!