Monday 31 October 2011

How to lose 3 kilos in 3 days and... Autumn Leaves


Hello! Sorry I'm late in posting my Cupcake Craft Challenge DT card today... I've had a gastric bug for several days now and I'm still not feeling myself . Very effective way of losing weight quickly, but not the nicest :(

This week it's my turn to choose the challenge theme, and I've called it 'Take a leaf out of my book'... I'd like to see LEAVES as the MAIN focus on your card. That means the image can be leaves, or you can use papers with leaves or use leaf punches to create a focal point on you card, as I've done. I came across a super idea whilst wandering around Blogland a while ago, so my card is inspired by the beautiful creations from Kittie's Blog... this lady creates the most stunning cards using punches, you really need to go and check out her beautiful work!

I'm entering my card for the challenge at:
Card Makin Mamas - Cut It Out (die cuts, punches etc)
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge - Borders & Frames
Charisma Cardz Challenges - Anything Goes
Make My Monday Challenge - Autumn Leaves

Our sponsor this week at Cupcake is Tickled Pink Stamps, who are offering either one rubber stamp or two digital stamps to the lucky winner! Not forgetting our monthly sponsors, there are two, Polka Doodles who are giving away a Pretty Sweet mini CD Collection, and our second monthly sponsor is my lovely friend Nadia from A Scrap Affair, who is giving away a set of 5 Promarkers!

Please pop by the Cupcake Craft Challenge blog and see all my DT buddies lovely creations... they've really embraced my autumn theme this week! Thanks girls!

Oh, and I nearly forgot... HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

28 comments:

Catherine said...

What a beautiful card Shelly ! I love the wreath of leaves ! I've got the punch and haven't used it for ages ! I do hope you are a bit better now... "La gastro" is not a nice way to loose weight, that's for sure ! Lots of hugs and love from Catherine

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

So beautiful Shelly, the wreath gives a brilliant dimension and texture to the card.

Hope you'll soon feel better!

Warm hugs
Maarit

Jane said...

Ooh! Love this...off to buy a leafy punch! xx

Heleen said...

I hope you will feel better verry soon. Any way your card is realy great! Thank you for joining us at stamptacular sunday and I wish you luck on the challenge. Hope we see you soon again.

Hugs,
Heleen

Vee said...

This is a really gorgeous card!Love the texture and the lovely Autumn colours. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Anita said...

Lovely card and I like all the different colored leaves. I hope you're feeling better :)

Stampalicious said...

this is gorgeous! Love all those leaves, thank you for joining our challenge at Stamptacular Sunday, hugs, martina

debby4000 said...

Fabulous Autumn wreath Shelly.
Sorry you been unwell, doesn't sound like a very nice bug and hope you're back to your normal self soon.
luv
Debby

Liza said...

Hi Shelly, sorry to read you have been ill, I hope you are on the mend. A fab theme this week and I love the card you have created....gorgeous.

Liza x

Lau W said...

BOO ! :-))
Shelly, ta carte est merveilleuse, une couronne de feuilles, les couleurs de l'automne sont fantastiques !
J'espère que tu te sens mieux mon amie, pas marrant une gastro, beur k !
Bisous bisous !

Anonymous said...

This is awesome! Plain, simple and WOW! I love those leaves. Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular.
Carolyn

Elizabeth Sanchez said...

eeep eep eeep! i love how simple yet complex this card is! amazing job!!! thnx for playing with us at CMM!!

Louise said...

Gorgeous card it looks so clean and such beautiful colours
Hugs Louise xx

Donna said...

So sorry to hear you've been poorly Shelly, hope you are on the mend soon hun...beautiful card, love the gorgeous autumn colours and design...thanks for such a brill challenge to play with this week :) Donna x

Brodders said...

Shelly this is absolutely devine x Hope you are feeling better x

Delphine said...

A gorgeous card, Shelly! I love your wreath and the beautiful layout of your card! Thank you for a great challenge too! I hope you are better:-) Sending you lots of hugs Delphine xx

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Your wreath card is just stunning. Beautifully elegant. Thank you for entering the Make My Monday challenge. Suzanne

Suzi B said...

A lovely Autumn wreath of leaves Shelly.
thank you for joining Make My Monday.
Suzi B :o)

xxxtglxxx said...

Beautiful and classy Shelly! :)

Thanks so much for playing at Charisma Cardz this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Nina said...

Ohlala, this is utterly stunning!! Love the colours and the C&S.

Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week :)
Hugs, Nina.

Faye said...

Hey Minxie. I'm so sorry you've been feeling so pants. I hope you're all better now? Your challenge is a super one, and this card is so rich and autumnal. You are an inspirational crafter. xxx

having a {me} day said...

WOW! I love your leaf garland and the 3-D effect! Gorgeous card. Hope you are feeling better! keeleyxx

Mynn xx said...

Oh, this is gorgeous! I LOVE that textured leaf wreath! Brilliant!!!

Sandra said...

Great card, Sandra

Jacqueline said...

Stunning card, thanks for joining us this week at Make My Monday - Jacqueline xx

Cazro said...

A very pretty and cleverly worked autumnal wreath. Thanks for entereing our challenge at MMM. Caz

Fliss said...

Wow! Stunning card Shelly. Really gorgeous wreath and the leaves look so beautiful.
Thanks for joining in with the Make My Monday Autumn Leaves challenge and good luck.
Fliss x

Sprytebyrd said...

Such a lovely card, Shelly!
Thanks so much for playing along with the Card Makin Mamas this week! Have Fun and I hope to see you again soon!
Hugs, Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments