Friday 11 May 2012

I love Spring!

Spring has got to be my favourite time of the year! Green is one of my favourite colours, and I have to tell you with all this rain things are looking VERY green here at the moment! The weather is warming up too... can you believe I even got sunburnt yesterday (it's true)!

Inspired by the warm weather I did this quick little card... the papers are actually Christmas ones but I thought they were nice and bright (even if there are a few snowflakes on the green paper). The blue is obviously the bright blue sky we have (...ahem... in between the black clouds that is)!

So what are you all up to this weekend? I will endeavour to continue with the gardening I started yesterday... oh I just love weeding (NOT)! Why is it that weeds grow twice as fast as plants?

Thanks for popping by,
Shelly x

Challenges I'd like to enter:
Fab & Funky Challenges - Buttons & Bows

Card Details
Image - Heather Ellis, Colouring - Promarkers, Sentiment - Pink Petticoat stamp (freebie from magazine last year), Papers - Dovecraft, rest is from stash

11 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Shelly. Oh wow, this is so beautiful. Gorgeous image and I just love the colour combination. Fantastic.
Its raining hard again here right now, so crafting it will be.
Hope you are keeping well sweetie. Have a wonderful weekend and take care.
Love Sandra xxxx

katy said...

Helllooooo Shelly :)
Hope you are keeping well ?
Really enjoyed catching up with your lovely cards, spring is my fav too as well as autumn....Monsoon hit here yesterday so you're a lucky girl getting sunburnt lol x
Enjoy your weekend.....lots of housework for me with a little crafting mind you :)
Love Katy xx

Liz McGuire, said...

This is so pretty, love it,

liz x

Lau W said...

le beau temps t'a inspiré ma Shelly ! :-)) Cette carte est rayonnante, elle fait du bien avec le petit 13° attendu chez moi demain, snifff !
Gros bisous et bon week-end !

Vicky said...

So beautiful Shelly...and spring is my fave time of the year too hun..:o)

hope you have a lovely weekend sweetie...big hugs Vicky xx

Scrap Affair said...

Hi Sweetie! I love Spring too, only allergies are a ... nasty things for me, if not for that, Spring would be a dream come true. But, your card is a breath of a fresh air! :) I love the image, and the coloring, and just the feel of it too.
Hope you're well
XOXO
Nadia

Squirrel x said...

Hey hun, it's getting quite green here too! Loving your sweet card, it just shouts Spring at you, great colours too. Hope you are well hun. Hugs Sxx

Wendy said...

Adorable and so gorgeous Shelly, love it...Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
Wendy xx

Donna said...

Sweet card Shelly, such a pretty design and gorgeous choice of papers and colours :) Donna x

Emma H said...

Aww, what a super sweet card! Love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Fab N Funky this week!

Ginny said...

gorgeous, thanks for joining us at FnF :)