Monday 11 June 2012

Red, White & Blue at Cupcake

Good morning! Well, I have to say that we are having a very "English" summer here in France (it's raining lots)... so much so that cutting the lawn has now become one of my favourite hobbies (well hubby's really but I did cut it once the other week)! I'm not used to seeing green grass... we usually have a straw coloured lawn!

Anyway, enough waffle... this week at Cupcake Craft Challenge Donna has chosen RED, WHITE & BLUE as our theme! Well, as you know, I'm a bit partial to those colours in a flag form (see last post)... so I've decided to go with a very British design! The flags are stamped in two steps (the blue then the red seperately) to form a background paper, then I simply stamped the crown image, layered it and added some gems... and there you have it!

We have two sponsors this week, In 2 Stamps are giving away a €10 gift voucher, and Prairie Fairy are giving away a $10 gift certificate! So pop by the Cupcake blog to get some ideas from my fellow DT buddies, and join us for the challenge!

Thanks for your visit today!
Shelly x

Card Details
Flag & Crown Stamps - Artemio, Papermania Mini Pigment Inks, Versafine Ink - Onyx Black

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Morning sweety! Wow...what precision you have when you stamp!!! Love this card, so eleant!! Have a wonderful day! Hugs and sunshine

Faye said...

Love, love, love. Nuff said. Ooh and enjoy the grass, man! ;) xxx

Catherine said...

Your card is so so elegant and chic Shelly ! What a fantastic idea, I love this background ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Lau W said...

Oh c'est beau ce que tu as fait avec le tampon drapeau, cela fait un superbe fond ! Ta carte est superbe !
ici, le temps est moche, j'en ai marre de la pluie, du vent etc...Et l'été qui sera là dans 10 jours, je n'ose pas y croire, lol !
Bisous Shelly, bon début de semaine !
xxx

Rachel said...

Fab card Shelly - love how you've used the colour challenge! Sorry to hear that you've been enduring a British summer too!! Wedgie xxx

Scrap Affair said...

Shelly, your card is PERFECTION! It proudly shows off-you love your contry!
I salute you!
Hugs
Nadia

Louise said...

Smashing card the flag stamp is very effective
Hugs Louise xx

Delphine said...

Well you could have made the French flag too LOL! I love your card, Shelly! Your flags look fantastic, it must have been a work of patience and precision:-)! Great layout! BIG hugs Delphine xx

Donna said...

I love the design of this card Shelly, totally non-fussy and very patriotic...perfick! My lawn is starting to resemble a meadow...might have to get a goat soon lol! :) Donna ♥ x

having a {me} day said...

Hi Shelly, love your card and how you had to stamp it twice & line it all up! A.Mazing! keeleyxx